9.22.2012

Andy's Dinosaur Party

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Andy wanted a dinosaur party this year, and he wanted to do the menu by himself. He's awesome. However, he asked for a REAL cake this year! Uh...I do doughnut cakes, son, which consists of stacking Krispy Kremes on a plate, maybe your forgot.

Enter Sam's Club.  Real live cakes may not be my domestic forte, but easy and efficient are.  In fact, you could say when it comes to all things low effort, I'm a pro.  Self proclaimed.  So I bought a chocolate cake from Sam's and stuck an awesome T-Rex on top. Voila! Dinosaur Cake!!

I bought jars from the dollar store, glued a dino on top and filled them with gumballs, a rocky bouncy ball, Pop Rocks, and a geode for their "thanks for coming" gift.
Photobucket
And for the activity? to the park!! They searched for hidden dinosaur skeletons on the way home, and all were pre-historically happy and well fed.

I love simplicity.

And I love Andy.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Carrie from Sam's Club said...

Cally, what a creative party! I love all your themed details, down to the T-Rex eating a candle off the cake. I hope Andy enjoyed his special day. Thanks for shopping at Sam’s Club. – Ramona from Sam’s Club

wendy said...

Andy is a doll for sure...such a guy !!!!!
Good party. I always did "simple" too when my kids were little.
I just was not that creative with parties.

Matt LOVED dinosaurs and has a whole collection of them which will be handed down to Collin.

Francolope said...

Cally, I just found your blog. I LOVE that cake! Could you tell me where to get that giant T-Rex? I must have it!
Thank you!
Patricia

Unknown said...

Do you understand there is a 12 word phrase you can tell your man... that will trigger intense emotions of love and instinctual attractiveness to you deep inside his heart?

Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that triggers a man's instinct to love, please and protect you with all his heart...

12 Words Will Trigger A Man's Desire Instinct

This instinct is so built-in to a man's brain that it will make him try harder than before to to be the best lover he can be.

Matter of fact, triggering this influential instinct is so binding to getting the best ever relationship with your man that the second you send your man one of these "Secret Signals"...

...You will immediately find him open his heart and soul to you in such a way he's never experienced before and he will perceive you as the only woman in the universe who has ever truly interested him.