8.27.2009

scrunchie tutorial.

Remember the good ole days? Back in the 80's but Greaties, when the size of your scrunchie poof determined all coolness. That and how many twisty beads you owned. Very cool.


I love a scrunchie.

Here's how you do it.


If you want more poof, make it wider. If you want more scrunch, make it longer. I actually like a little less poof and a little more scrunch, so I do my own personal scrunchies 14"x7". Around there. But for you, you're cool, so you get more poof, less scrunch, 15"x6".














the end.

8 comments:

ShEiLa said...

you brought back memories with this one... it is good to know that someone still appreciates the scrunchie.

ToOdLeS.

Emma said...

Your the best!!

trublubyu said...

haven't made a scrunchie in a long time. i shall have to make one. or two.

thanks, friend.

Lenetta said...

I was thinking the other day that I needed to make myself some scrunchies in certain colors where storebought ones are lacking. But, I may not be cool enough - I don't remember twisty beads! I had a Swatch and a Coke watch, which should count for something. Anyway. I linked to this on my weekly link roundup, post is here. Thanks!

Aisyah Helga said...

Great tutorial! I've linked this to my blog. Thanks for sharing!

Shelly said...

I love scrunchies!

Unknown said...

bedankt voor de leuke tutorial.
thanx for this good tutorial!!!

Unknown said...

I remember being devastated when Carrie Bradshaw pointed out that "real" New Yorkers don't wear scrunchies on Sex and the City, lol. I kept mine, although I do mostly use elastics only now :( This is one 80s trend I DO hope comes back into style!