2.25.2008

hang up your coat, stay a while


I have been admiring these fire red coat hooks from anthropologie, and the graphic element of these alphabet hooks. I have needed some sort of coat contraption by the garage for the kids to drop their stuff, and have been waiting for an abundance of good fortune to be able to afford these.

Well...good fortune comes in the form of 50% off at Hobby Lobby. I picked up this large wood hook thing for only $4. Gave it 2 coats of fire engine red. Got inspired, and used vinyl stickers we used on our mailbox to give it the graphic look I wanted. The numbers go up to twelve. 5 hooks in all. I used modge podge to make it glossy, and to keep the stickers in place, then used brown antiquing gel to make it look old.

The kids love it. Andy said..."Ah, mom, this is great! I've always wanted to be a fire man!" It's a little funky, but it does the job...delightfully.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great Cally! It looks so good and I love anything with function...if the kids actually use it I will be even more impressed!...let me know if you have any tricks...my kids always just chuck their stuff on the floor!

Lori said...

Beautiful! Well done you crafty mama.