5.25.2011

Paris: the Louvre and Montmarte

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
We did the audio tour for part of the Louvre. It was fascinating, but there was so much information we couldn't possibly take it all in. After 4 hours, we quit. Seth and Cassy are listening intently to the audio description of the Mona Lisa (I think), which is at the other end of this hall.
Photobucket
{There she is, surrounded by a huge, pushy crowd.
I was trampled. Barely made it out alive.}
Photobucket
{The Winged Victor of Samothrace}

Next was the Opera House (I think. I can't remember the order we did everything, but my outfit is the same in these pictures so I can safely deduce this was all in the same day). It was absolutely beautiful.

Photobucket

Then we headed to Montmarte. This is where Paris became less "city" and more "quaint Parisian streets". There were artists in a big square selling their artwork (beautiful) and nice little shops scattered everwhere. Still, a busy area so the shops were pretty touristy. But fun. At the top of the hill is the church Sacre Coeur, or the Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Paris. There were great views of Paris.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
man, I've got a ton of pictures. There are a couple more posts coming from Paris, because I love it, and then we go to Rome, because it's incredible. And then a giveaway, and then I sew. Hopefully. Because I need to make something soon or I'm gonna bust. This blog will return to its crafty roots...eventually. maybe.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Anyone know the French words for wildly jealous?

Donna said...

When I went my friend and I set off an alarm, because we got lost and couldn't figure out how to get out! No lie. It was good times. I love the Louvre

Gingercake said...

Love the Nike of Samothrace! Way to make it up there to get a close up. I just settled for a postcard- but that was 15 years ago so maybe I would be more bold now! Fun to see your beautiful pictures and travels. How great for yoU!