8.26.2010

Nauvoo.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We spent two days in Nauvoo, Illinois.
This is such a wonderful place;
you can't help but disregard the sweltering heat
and soak up the history and the reverence.
I didn't really want to leave.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

“I was in Nauvoo on the 26th day of May, 1846,

for the last time,

and left the city of the Saints feeling that most likely

I was taking a final farewell of Nauvoo for this life.

I looked upon the temple and City as they receded from view

and asked the Lord to remember the sacrifices of his Saints.”

Wilford Woodruff

6 comments:

chris said...

Again with the awesome photos. I'm totally jealous that you were able to see Nauvoo. We're hoping to take our family someday.

Amanda Joy Petersen said...

That is so neat! I haven't been back to Nauvoo since they built the temple again. I would love to go back. I love the picture of your little girl and the statue of Christ. I have one of my little boy Asher at Temple Square, and it is one of my favorites.

http://www.joyinthejumble.com/2009/12/date-night-and-birth-of-toddler_15.html

ShEiLa said...

I have never been...
maybe some day. Thanks for sharing your photos.

ToOdLeS.

corrie said...

I want to go there, too. Great pictures.

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

Love the photos. The one with Kacie and the snow cone dripping down her arm really, really made me want to get a wipe for her--which shows how realistic and perfect it came out! :)

I wonder what took you there?

Kyla Armstrong said...

I love Nauvoo! It was such a blessing when we lived in Iowa and could visit often. I miss that pageant!