6.25.2009

Aunt Katie's sweet.

One time, Aunt Katie sent Jake a postcard from Serendipity in NY.

Jake became obsessed with the place. And more specifically, the frozen hot chocolate.

One time, Jake stayed up way too late, and I yelled...uh...spoke loudly at him to turn off his light and go to bed. Then he handed me an incredibly sweet and witty letter he had been writing to his Aunt Katie about frozen hot chocolates. And the word serendipity. And how he wanted to be a librarian and have a huge library in NY. I kissed him goodnight, and we mailed the letter in the morning.

One time, soon after, Jake got a Serendipity Frozen Hot Chocolate in the mail. And it was the most yummiest happy discovery we've ever made!

Some time, I think I'll write Aunt Katie my own letter. I like Crumbs. And RicePuddnig.

5 comments:

Yo Mama said...

That Aunt Katie is, like, the sweetest thing I've ever heard of. I just hope that she doesn't gain a buttload of weight from all of the frozen hot chocolates she's been drinking. Anyway, you talk. I listen. I'll see what I can do about your rice pudding and/or cupcakes. cio

ShEiLa said...

I looked at the link... I now know why you like crumbs. I think I would to if I ever had the privilege.

&

that rice pudding looks like it is to die for... I love rice pudding.

What a scrumptious post!

ToOdLeS.

ps. I love frozen hot chocolate too!

Kay said...

All it takes is one frozen hot chocolate and you're hooked! I know I've only had one, but I would love another.

mer said...

yes, Serendipity frozen hot chocolate is heaven. I went there every year on my birthday for that stuff when we lived in NYC

Mary said...

Did you know the recipe is online and it's totally easy to make? Serendipity printed it a year or so ago. And though I've never had the real thing, my friends have and they say it tastes the same--if you use great chocolate.