11.19.2008

a new design for the quiet book.

I stole these pictures from Jaime's blog. I get so excited to send things off I always forget to take good pictures before they're gone.

I love these new pages in the Quiet Book. Simple and Bright. Someday I'll get around to making one for myself. With a page titled Eat the STack of Doublestuffed. I...uh...haven't quite figured out the details on that one.












These will go back up for sale once I figure out a way to mass produce them. Or Ed Mcmann gives me economical permission to hire someone else to do the dirty work. Or when Jimmy Neutron invents another 3 hours to the day. He's so smart that way. Or until the super-power deciders finally notice I am able to respect and revere the powers that await me, and bestow them in all their motherly domination upon the crafty side of my brain and I can command inanimate kitchen objects to sew. And maybe do some menu planning. And laundry.
My blender was totally made for spot removal. Pass the Shout.

16 comments:

jenifer said...

cally-- you're adorable!! I LOVE the new design...

ShEiLa said...

A whole lot of time and energy and love goes into a quiet book like this... I love it! I wonder if you ever will have something I don't like???? Probably not!
ToOdLeS.ShEiLa

Lindsey Rose said...

What more can I say, you are truly amazing. I love you r styles, I can look at anything you do and know it is made ny you! i love it!

Shelane said...

sooo cute. i swoon at the sheer amount of time you must have put into it. hats off to you, lady!

Sheri said...

Love it! I wish I'd ordered one when you were still taking orders. :-(

Anonymous said...

FREAKING AWESOME!!! I would buy one this minute if I could. can I be you for like a day. I want to have some mad sewing skills!

Mia said...

I love it! You are amazing with all your skillz.

Becky said...

Very Cute!

Andi Kate, Children's Author said...

Wow. I love these quiet books. Said so from the beginning. Some day, one will be mine...

andrea said...

So cute! I have always meant to get around to making one of those! I love the little puppets. so cute

Mama Cher, Ok, fine, it's Sharon said...

This is the most incredible quiet book I have ever seen!! I am even more jealous of your creative-ness than before! Really amazing work Cally.

April said...

Very cute. What do you make your pages out of? I just made a nativity quiet book and I liked the design, but I couldn't figure out what to make the pages out of... any suggestions would be so helpful.

cally said...

I use muslin, April. Then put some batting between each page and sew around the edges.

I'd love to see your nativity book1

La Memster said...

CALLY! I need your help! lol... yikes. I'm workin' on some big Christmas projects & I need to know where u get all your white fabric when you make these books! Do you get it wholesale somewhere for cheap or something??? I'm looking for way cute varieties of cheap fabric & also plain white(ish). Please help! I luv u!

cally said...

It's just muslin May! I shop at joann's for the basic stuff (like muslin) and go to a variety of online fabric shops for the cool stuff.

Good luck!

La Memster said...

lol.. ok thanx... think I found somethin' that'll work... luv ya!