3.04.2008

food crisis

Food Storage. We've all heard it, had the workshop, but seriously folks.

The New York Times just published this article "Priced Out of the Market", which makes the price of food look bleak here in the states. According to the article, the price of wheat is up 80% since last year. Hello? That's huge.
It's called the Food Crisis.
If you've been to the grocery store lately, duh, you know it is ridiculously expensive. It's gonna get worse. So, buy some chickens, share a cow, eat wheat, and be happy.

“We can begin ever so modestly. We can begin with one week’s food supply and gradually build it to a month and then to three months. I am speaking now of food to cover basic needs. As all of you recognize, this counsel is not new. But I fear that so many feel that a long-term food supply is so far beyond their reach that they make no effort at all. Begin in a small way, my brethren, and gradually build toward a reasonable objective” (In Conference Report, Oct. 2002, 65; or Ensign, Nov. 2002, 58).
Afterthought: Although prices are going up, calamities abound, rumors spread, and fear becomes mainstream...panic does not equate faith. I'm just gonna try to be prepared.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah. That came over a little too strong for me...I think I will be offended ;) C'mon, you are killing me...I finally quit dreaming about your purse contest and tonight the wheat thing is going to turn into a nightmare...thanks a lot..we are still technically starving students over here...maybe we should grow wheat this summer...just plow down the whole back yard....oh man, the versions of the nightmare are endless!..starving kids...wheat people...having to survive on rice (hey, don't I eat more rice than wheat anyway)